This month, after a long period of reclusiveness, ESE returns and sends a last days callout for those hoping to register to attend the JoinMUN 2015 Conference. Hurry and register before registrations close on the 26th of September, 2015.
FROM THE ESE TEAM
Yes, it has been a while since our last article...
The ESE team, just like our primary target audience, are, were, and will be - students ~ this means we have faced the same time commitments that many of you have. Since our last correspondence, our team members have been finishing university assignments, research theses, applying for jobs and securing full-time work. Now that we have secured full-time work we will have more of a routine schedule in which to set aside time for our favorite project, Equal Student Exchange (ESE)...
Thank you for remaining a patient member of our community over the years (hard to believe it's been four years since we started this information sharing community). Looking forward to working with more aspiring students from disadvantaged and developing contexts.
(JoinMUN website http://www.joinmun.com/conference)
JOINMUN 2015 - REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE BEFORE 26 SEPTEMBER
Universitas Gadjah Mada will be holding it's fourth Jogja International (JOIN) Model United Nations (MUN) Conference this year. Read more about JOINMUN here.
If you haven't heard of MUN before you can read more about it here: Bestdelegate - how to get started.
Model United Nations (MUN)
In essence MUN is a simulation of the United Nations, in which delegates must each represent countries (ideally other than their own), while building cooperation towards agreements, policies, and solutions to regional and global issues.
Venue and date of conference
All of the committee sessions will be held in Harper Mangkubumi, Jogjakarta. The conference itself will commence on the 11th of November and run for four days until November 14th, 2015.
How does MUN help you?MUN can be useful as you make it. For many this is the first chance to join an international / national conference to discuss global (although sometimes fictitious) issues. The way the conference is set up is often much more engaging and exciting than other conferences.
So what practical gains can be made from pretending to be in a UN Committee?
- Improve your knowledge about global issues, and the rules of the procedure of the UN.
- Sharpen your skills in negotiatins, research, public speaking, and building alliances *crucial*
- Most importantly - it is a chance to build lasting networks. Make friends. MUN is fun!
- For the more shrewd, MUN is an opportunity to gain 'international' experience which can become the first stepping stone towards more opportunities, more international conferences and scholarships. This all depends on how much you build your conference, and knowledge of such opportunities.
- Winning awards, or obtaining honorable mentions or certificates may also have some use in the future - if not for your resume than at least for your confidence.
All questions regarding costs and registration should be directed towards the secretariat of JOINMUN 2015. http://www.joinmun.com/contact
As the timeline says - deadlines for application close tomorrow - best to register before 26 September, 23.59 Jogja time.
(Photo attrribution ESE: ~ delegate from Papua to another Model United Nations Conference)
join and follow our ESE blog through the link below.